WNHSWA is an association whose purpose is to provide pertinent educational opportunities to it’s members.To accomplish this purpose we have established the following principles and guidelines.
WNHSWA WILL BE THE LEADER IN GIVING OUR PROFESSION A VOICE AND VISIBILITY IN THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY WITHIN WISCONSIN.
WNHSWA WILL DEVELOP AND PRESERVE STANDARDS OF PRACTICE FOR NURSING HOME SOCIAL WORKERS AS WELL AS PROVIDE QUALITY EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES IN THE AREAS OF LONG TERM CARE AND PROFESSIONAL/ PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. THROUGH LEGISLATIVE EFFORTS WE WILL ADVOCATE TO ENRICH THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS AND ENHANCE THE STANDARDS OF OUR PROFESSION.
- Provide quality educational programs in areas of professional and personal growth.
- Advocate for quality services to be provided to the persons living in Nursing Homes.
- Collaborate with similar professional organizations to promote the Social Work Profession and provide educational opportunities.
- Fund Scholarships to students pursuing a career in Social Work with an emphasis on Long Term Care.
- Be active in advocating with legislators regarding the profession and the people we serve.
- Provide its members with networking opportunities to explore “ Best Practices”.